Our response to Covid-19
At Britannia House, in these unprecedented times, we've outlined our current and emerging plans to
keep you and our employees safe. This is our number one priority.
We will update this page with any changes to our workspace operations.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com
Our team are closely monitoring the advice and guidelines from key sources that include the UK
Government, Public Health England, and the World Health Organization (WHO).
We are taking a number of precautions to ensure your safety at all times:
- All communal surfaces in Britannia House, including teapoints, break-out and refreshment areas are
cleaned and disinfected regularly following Public Health England guidelines.
- We regularly clean high-traffic items such as door handles and access buttons.
- We regularly disinfect, clean and sanitize the WCs.
- All common workspaces are cleaned and disinfected every night.
- Our daytime cleaning operatives ensure common touch points such as handles, doors, and surfaces
are regularly cleaned and disinfected during the day
- Hand sanitizer stations have been added to the floor.
- We have temporarily closed the break-out areas and library spaces to maintain social distancing.
- All networking and social events have been postponed or suspended until further notice
- If a case of COVID-19 is confirmed at Britannia House, we will notify all members of that centre
and temporarily close the areas for deep cleaning and disinfection.
- Britannia House remains open at this time, but please only come in if you are unable to work from
home. Please remember to maintain social distancing and follow all latest government guidance.
- We can also offer car parking on a first come first serve basis for those who wish to avoid public
transport. Please contact our reception team for more information relating to this.
If you, your employees or any visitors fall into any of the categories below, please stay
offsite and isolated for a period of fourteen days:
- You, or anyone you live with, are experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19 (cough, fever,
shortness of breath).
- You have been in close contact with an individual confirmed to have COVID-19 or showing symptoms
associated with COVID-19.
- You have tested 'positive' for COVID-19.
- Members with underlying medical conditions, or who are pregnant or elderly, are asked to take
specific advice and not come to the centre during this time.
Currently, Britannia House is no longer allowing visitors until further notice to help ensure the
safety of our members and employees.
Finally, we are asking for all members to take additional care when using the areas in the facility,
maintain good hygiene standards and abide by the Government advice to keep you and others safe at this
Your Britannia House team